Sunday, October 16, 2011


BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS
Well the last few weeks have been busy, busy in Granny's house.
I haven't even had time to tell you about the birthday celebrations  that Granny shares with her son-in-law.
It was all go that day. Some of the Dad's had to play the under 16's  in football in the afternoon, so we had the most scrumptious morning tea.
Of course I had to go along to see if the food tasted right. Plus, help blow out the candle........
did you hear I said candle!!!!!! Granny is so old they can't put all the candles on the cake. Only 1....... 
I have never heard of 1 candle on a cake unless it was for a baby.
Well get ready hear it is.

The cake tasted yummy. I went along the table to see what others had ordered.
OK
Now this looks more like it. Ryan had pavlova, MM,mm" Will you share Ryan, you know it is always nice to share."
I was starting to feel a bit squeeze, I took one look at the bottle of wine and I thought quick, where are the sunglasses.
May be Granny will share her chocolates in a day or two.
Too much of a good thing in one day is not good.
Well the kids were happy, Granny was happy, Rod was happy until he played football.
Then he was not so happy. His bones don't like playing football any more.

I had a lovely time, and thought I would have the rest of the day off; just to be lazy.
Tomorrow is a new day and we will be back to peanut butter and honey on toast.
See you all next week.

14 comments:

  1. That was a very great birthday celebration and you brought us a very nice and sweet baer story - thanks a lot and happy birthday.
    Greetings Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wilbur,

    Please tell your Granny HAPPY BIRTHDAY from all of us.

    Hugs,
    Prudence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belatedly, I wish you a happy birthday, may all your dreams come true! Looks like your birthday parties were fun. It is nice that Wilbur was helping to eat up all the good food and cake. You are right, having too much of good stuff is not good at all.

    Best wishes,
    Marie-Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your greeting Iris. Wilbur always reads his comments.

    Prudence Granny says thanks for the best wishes. (I have just had a look at her and she looks very old tonight.
    Hugs
    Wilbur

    Marie-Christine,
    I do have to be careful of my waist line, I don't want it to get too small. Bears need to be cuddly.
    Thanks for the best wishes.
    Hugs
    Wilbur

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that looks like a fab day, and yay for all the goodies! We think you'll need those sunglasses today after all that wine...

    Happy birthday to Granny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Kay! Glad you had a lovely party! (That pavlova looks pretty yummy)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wilbur,

    It looks like your granny had a wonderful birthday and you had lots of yummy treats. We love parties. Tell your granny we send her birthday hugs and we're happy her day was so special.

    Hugs,
    Bellamine & Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Katie, I needed the sunglasses by the end of the day. Extra large ones to hide the hangover look of my eyes.
    Hugs
    Wilbur

    Joolz, I would send you some, if it wasn't going to get all squishy in a box. I still dream about it.
    Hugs
    Wilbur.

    Thanks for the best wishes Bellamine and Wendy. Granny had a great day. Do you know what she has been doing ever since. Cutting the hedge, and trimming all the bushes. She has this new machine that makes a din. It is called an electric hedge cutter. I hope she doesn't trim hair with it.
    Hugs
    Wilbur.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wilbur, we need to talk.

    Your Granny is so wonderful, kind, and gentle WHY do you say unkind things about her? Where would YOU be without her? Well?

    No hugs for you -
    Prudence

    Now, get your furry little butt movin' and go give your Granny a big Wilbur hug.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prudence this furry little but is just getting out of bed. When I rub the sleep from my eyes, I promise I will give her one hug sometime today.
    Can't say when.... De[ends if she makes me something nice for breakfast.

    The thing that bothers me most is no hugs from you. Please, Please, your hugs are so special to me.
    BIG, BIG, HUGS
    Wilbur.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Granny!

    Haha! Don't feel bad Granny, I just had a birthday and they couldn't get all the candles on my cake either :-)

    God Bless and have a Wonderful Week :-)

    *The Old Geezer Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Wilbur,
    we are late, please tell your Granny HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
    Hugs from
    Heike & Henry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Belated Birthday wishes to Granny!!!

    Sounds like everyone had a ball.

    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Heike& Henry,
    Thanks so much for your birthday wishes for Granny. She tells me she doesn't want a birthday for 5 more years.
    Hugs Wilbur

    Hello Sandi,
    I don't know what I am going to do with Granny she says she is old enough, and doesn't want to get any older. How can I help her to do THAT?
    Hugs Wilbur.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time