Sunday, June 5, 2011

Rock Buns
HOORAY


Well this is the messy part but I love it. I can get
my paws right in there and rub the butter into the flour.
What a mess! It's OK Granny says because we can
always wash your paws after.

Can you see white chocolate chips, apricots and an egg.
OK well don't get too excited..... we have to put the
SUGAR in.
and all the nice yummy things.
I got Granny to crack the egg I thought it was far to
slimy for me. Then we added milk and Hey presto
we had lovely dough that I like to lick.

Muuuummmm.

When we had put them all on the tray I was allowed
to lick the bowl. Yum, yum



Wow, what a good smell when they come out of the oven,
although Granny is always saying " You can't taste them too soon
or you will burn your tongue."
I tell her I'm the official taste tester, and I need more than one
to get a true taste. May be four or five, just to make sure the
batch is OK all the way through.

Now the official, as I know I am, needs to check to see
if any are burnt on the bottom.
No they are just right.
Now Granny tells me I have to share them with those
grandchildren. I think I need to take a few more to taste
test. I will store them in my secret tin.

HURRAY for the C.W.A. cook book.
This book looks old like Granny.
Alright I will give you the recipe but it's
in OLD measurements. What would you expect from
a Granny.

ROCK BUNS

 6 oz. S.R.Flour
2 oz. butter
2 oz. sugar
1 egg
pinch of salt
2oz. currants
2 oz. sultanas
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup of milk.

Sift flour and salt. Rub in the butter. Add all the other dry ingredients.
Mix with beaten egg and milk to make a stiff dough.
Place in spoonfuls in rough heaps on a greased tray.
Bake in a hot oven for 10 mins.

I used chocolate chip and apricot instead of the other fruit.
Plus I used cinnamon instead of nutmeg.

Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Wilbur,

    My goodness, what an important job you have - the cookie taster. You do a very good job, but I agree, tasting just one cookie does not test the whole batch. I would say - 12 would be an appropriate number, don't you agree? Glad to hear you stashed some away.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm... thanks for the recipe Wilbur !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bear after my own heart. Sugar is King! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time